CMFA requires all coaches to complete the two courses listed below. The material is helpful in recognizing symptoms of two of the more prevalent conditions concerning athletes these days: concussions and sudden cardiac arrest. There is no charge for these courses and always seek the advice of medical professionsals for athletes exhibiting any symptoms.
1. Concussion course: http://concussionwise.com/
1) On Right side of screen select PENNSYLVANIA in the drop down labeled STATE SPECIFIC COURSES
2) Find the section labeled ConcussionWise PRO for Coaches and press the Enroll Now (FREE) Button
3) Fill out Registration and follow on screen instructions.
2. Sudden Cardiac Arrest Course: http://www.sportsafetyinternational.org/content/cardiacwise-pats
1) Click on the Enroll Now (FREE) Button
2) Fill out registration and follow on screen instructions
Both of these courses are a brief video followed by a quiz. When the quiz is completed and the user has passed the user will be given instructions on how to print out a certificate.You must print out this certificate and give it to the head coach to be eligible for coaching.